Friday 20 February 2015

OUGD406 - Study Task 03 - Typographic treatment

In this study task I was I was to design an appropriate typographic treatment for the book cover for my given book.

To do this I examined the original cover of my given book 'How to be a graphic design without loosing your soul'. 
Because the design of this book is already quite simple and modernistic, quite text heavy I struggled to find an alternative design that would relate more to the title. However I then had the idea to just redesign the original piece but in a more definitive way, something that came across more full and text heavy.


Below is my redesign/treatment


By using Armata as the modernistic font relating to the original design, since I could only use text for this task I enhanced the importance of what the title is actually highlighting.




No comments:

Post a Comment