Wednesday 3 May 2017

OUGD505 - SB01 - Gold and Silver print research


After I have completed the digital version of my poster design for this studio I brief I will be taking the design to be screen printed so I can submitt the design as a traditional piece. 

I have been thinking a lot about the colour of which to print in. I feel that this poster design should be something special which is why I want to try printing in the colors gold and silver. Which would make for a very metallic and regal effect. 

But before I go ahead with thar design idea, I want to reserach a little but into what makes the use of gold and silver together so interesting.


The first thing that springs to mind is the new british £1 coin, which has been designed using gold and silver metals.


I think that new design and the addition of the silver to gold makes for a very beautiful piece of currency. plus the actual design of the coin which crosses from the silver into the gold enhances the metallic color even more.

Now I want to move into some actual poster and publication designs which have experimented and perfectly executed the use of gold and silver.



I would say that the COCO CHANEL piece is probably my favourite from this small collection, just because the actual image and outlines have mostly been created using gold colour. I feel that the design just comes across so regal and modern, it is highly effective and pleasing to the eye. 





https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/377106168777926664/


Overall, looking at my small cllection here, I feel very confident about how my poster design will look if I apply the same design style during the screen pronting process. 











No comments:

Post a Comment