Tuesday 24 March 2015

OUGD404 - Modernistic Book Cover Designs research

To help with the create of my book cover for design principles I will carry out some research into various different book cover designs that come across as modernistic and quite limited yet very effective in the message and image that the designer is trying to produce. 

I found a website which showed a huge range of various modernistic cover designs, i spent some time looking through them all, picking out the ones that related to me and my work most.










Out of all the the designs above this one is probably my favourite:


I personally think it's amazing, the modern take on the expressive/illustrative design is perfect, it is exactly the type of image that i try to achieve in most of my own work. For my book cover though it responds by relating to the delicate and light design that I want. This piece definitely gives me a lot of inspiration for my own design both the cover and inside pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment