Friday 4 May 2018

OUGD505 - SB02 - How will I respond?


I have been thinking about how I am going to respond to this project based in the research which I have already collected.

I think that when it comes to the general human diet and regarding the positives and the negatives when altering it to alternative food sources, there becomes a lot of different facts and opinions. 



However based from personal experience and based on the research which I have 
(and have not) included into my blog posts, I can confirm that my project will safely favour on the side of plant based diets, and how this promotes the reservation of both human and non human lives, including the reservation of our National Health service and our planet.


I believe that one of the biggest factors when it comes to consumerism and food, is not only how food tastes.. but how it looks

and not necessarily the look of food itself..  but the packaging it comes in.

To support this statement I will create a questionnaire which will contain a series of questions to which will provide me with qualitative primary research, Along with this I plan to collect extracts of secondary research from various trustworthy sources to build up extra evidence to support the above statement.


How exactly do I want to respond to this project?

I would like to create packaging design as my response, this packaging design will be a for a product that most people would consume every day. Which could be anything from a cereal box, to a jam jar or maybe a milk carton.

My plan will be to design something which promotes the idea of 'Alternative eating' or 'Alternative food'. The design would need to stand out enough that it becomes more visually successful compared to other similar consumable products.
I believe that the best place to start will be to take a look at other Vegan products or any other products that are consumable foods which have not been made at the expense of another animal. By comparing and contrasting the different designs of products I will build up an idea of what designs work best and which ones do not work as well. 














No comments:

Post a Comment