Monday 3 November 2014

OUGD403 - Studio Brief 03 - News Paper Research

For this task we were to go and purchase a newspaper on a specific date which was given to us in the brief. With out chosen new paper(s) we were to pick one story or article that we could relate to in some way or feel the need to respond to. 

My chosen newspaper was the 'Yorkshire Evening Post' and my chosen article was 'How would you tackle, problems in Leeds'.

I chose this article because i recently moved to Leeds to study, so when I saw the article, I was drawn to it instantly. The article spoke about the various issues in Leeds that the public had began to speak out about. the article showed statistics in problems that needed correcting, how the public felt and thought and what the public thought would be best for their community to help improve in the issues that were being raised.

I responded to this article by going to collect more articles similar to this story as well as online research so i could create a knowledge base into 'what had and is being done to help improve and minimise these issues that were being raised by the public'.
I quickly began to find various online sources and stories telling me what leaders of Leeds city council had done to fix these issues, I was collecting evidence to back up my response.

When I felt I had enough positive sources in response to this negative article, i began to put together a set of information sheets, filled with images, quotes and information to explain what I had found. I then presented my research to a group of 10 people from the class to share what I had found, and my own personal views and thoughts in the initial article and what I found out in response to that.



























































No comments:

Post a Comment