Saturday 7 January 2017

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 02 - Design for screen - Coding lecture


This morning I received a small lecture on the basics of coding. 

Coding is what is used to create digital platforms like websites and applications and also databases. 
When creating a website HTML coding is a tool that is extremely useful to understand as a designer because it allows designers to have the ability to design something completely new from scratch for themselves or a client. 

Understanding coding will be very useful in this project and especially useful to me as my project is based on the production of my own personal brand. 

HTML

Which stands for Hyper Text Markup Language

During the lecture, I was shown what HTML can be used for, Browsers were a good example as it is the platform that is used to access the internet. HTML is used to create the platforms on many different devices such as computer/laptops, tablets, mobiles and smart TV's.

Next I was shown a simplified explanation as to the way HTML is used. HTML divides each element in a web page with an open and close tag, the tags explain the information that comes after and before the tags.

Opening tag which is <p>
Closing tag </p>

Other tags like
<html>
<title>
<body>
<head>

I am looking forward to learning more about coding, this will give me more confidence as a designer to rely on my own skills to create something in my own vision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment