Monday 9 January 2017

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 02 - Learning How to Code


For this Module, I am required to learn and gain some knowledge about coding.

Coding is the Foundation language that the digital world and websites so for a Graphic designer like myself it is an essential language to understand and have the ability to use. 

I will be using Adobe Dreamweaver to create the website for my brand/business.

I hardly know anything at all about coding so I decided to go the library and look for a few different books on Coding to help me grasp the concept. However after going through the books, a lot of the terms and explanations that were used were very confusing to me and after reading quite a few pages I still didn't really understand the concept of coding. However there was on book that introduced me to html coding nicely as well as what some different terms and what their definitions. 


This book was quite useful at explains the basics of coding to people who are going into coding that know absolutely nothing at all.

Taking my beginners knowledge I then went to the adobe website to research Dreamweaver to learn more about the software, HTML and coding. Adobe has a whole section where you can learn how to use dreamweaver, From learning about the basic codes to building a website from scratch. 


The tutorials on the website helped me to understand a lot more about how a website is built from scratch and understanding it's anatomy. 


The tutorials explained a lot of the different codes that I can use in dreamweaver to help me create the website. Unlike the books, Adobe explained them in a way which made it much easier for me to understand, each explanation had a diagram and also included video tutorials which explained each stage step by step. 

After becoming more comfortable with the software I felt a lot better about practicing coding on my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment