Thursday 26 January 2017

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 02 - Further website design research


During work on the the second studio brief for this module, a lot of inspiration has come from other websites, which a modern, minimalist design, compared to the more traditional design that you would find on older websites, an example would be websites with the traditional menu running across the top of each page and the content underneath it depending on what ever page you are on. 

However the more modern designs have proved much better help during this project.

The website Awwwards.com has a whole section for the best website examples of designs with graphic design. I have already created a blog post about this website with some examples on that post however I feel I should continue to show what gave me inspiration.

I cam across an independent designers website called 

Anthonygoodisondesign.com

This website is definitely a favourite along with the Apple.com website. However this website is more about selling one designers skills rather than a whole bunch of different products. So the website has a lot more of a 'Profile' feel than anything else. 

The design though is just so amazing and perfect. There is a website menu but it is not really needed unless the user of this website was looking for something g specifically because the whole website is on just one long webpage that the user continuously scrolls downwards to see.


The style is a little similar to a page on Apple's website. I applied the same idea to my own website for this project and I love it. 


The next website which I liked was mainly more for how background images were displayed and how they worked with heading and informational text.

Lyytonliving.com

Which again matches the previous website with a one page website, however lyytonliving uses a more refined text and layout. Instead of full block colour for background, Lyytonlivingcom uses images, then overlaid with white text which uses a more delicate and refined typeface, which I am not sure of the name.




I do like both of these websites, I have taken a lot of idea from them and applied similar styles to my own design.



No comments:

Post a Comment