Friday 20 January 2017

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 02 - Writing my own Website


I have been practicing my skills on adobe dreamweaver however I am finding it difficult to understand the coding and how to position certain objects on the design page.

 I will attempt to practice my skills and use my wireframes to create some sort of start on my website and hopefully create something that is useable and works. 

I want to be able to show in this project that I have the abilities strong enough to use dreamweaver to create something functional, at least to show I know how to use the software. I believe that as I practice more and more my skills will get better. 



Using begginers skills I have managed to create a starting website that somewhat matches the overall grid of my wireframes and website mockups. I found it quite difficult to move various objects on dreamweaver because I had to create separate divides on the page which would allow me to place objects and text where I wanted them. 

I began with my header and options for the website which will allow the user to navigate to different pages, which is not actually the menu design I intend to use for the final website design, However my intended design would be very difficult for me to create at this stage.

I practiced with the creation of a home page title and heading title.

I was then able to add a few pieces of work onto the homepage to try and match the design of the wireframes, I also found this a little difficult.

Although it doesn't seem like much of a website right now. It took a lot of work and concentration for me to understand the coding language to build what I have done so far from scratch, I feel that my skills with the software will begin to get better the more I use the software from this point.

Below is a little clip of my current coding abilities.





No comments:

Post a Comment