Wednesday 23 March 2016

OUGD503 - Responsive - Collaborative - Beer Bottle Design Research


When creating the main cider bottle design, I wanted to create something that was new and fresh for Orchard Pig. However since the design for the new Cider bottle label is quite an important one as far as branding for this business goes, I want to carry out a little research into successful beer and cider branding designs.

Mainly concentrating on contemporary designs.

I came across a website called 'Oh Beautiful Beer' Which displayed contemporary and very effective beer bottle designs from all around the world, this website would give me a lot of inspiration before designing the new label for Orchard Pig.

http://www.ohbeautifulbeer.com/

Below are some of my favourite designs 



The design on the left is quite similar to the style of the logo redesign I have made, which tells me that simplicity for alcohol beverages branding can be effective. The design on the right I found really interesting because of how unfamiliar it is. The design is quite dominant and scary with it's image. I think the simplistic design and minimal colour use is beautiful.


The design on the left is very beautiful and elegant, it's definitely the type of design that I want to be able to produce myself in the future, in such a way that it gives maximum effect for it's medium. The design on the right I found interesting because of single colour use. How using gold and pattern making emphasises importance. 


Both of the designs above I found interesting because of the contemporary style that is being displayed, both designs are pretty fitting for that of a beer bottle and is similar to the design that I want to create for the Orchard Pig bottle.


I really love all the designs above, the variety of contemporary designs is very appealing and I can see why these designs have been so successful when used part of the owners branding style.

No comments:

Post a Comment