Thursday 24 March 2016

OUGD503 - YCN - WRAP Recycling Campaign - Development - Concept


After carrying out some research into recycling campaigns I felt I could then move onto my own concept for WRAP's campaign and design.

I made some notes and worked with my research to come up with the best idea, Keeping in mind that I wanted to combine the idea with Leeds College of Art, where I study. Below is my Concept for my campaign 'GreenerStudents'.

GreenerStudent's will be a campaign that works with and inspires students at Leeds College of Art to recycle more. LCA is an art college therefore the college already promotes it's own level of recycling. However this has no real effect on the students an recycling amongst student within the college is at a low level. Students do not really make use of the facilities within the college such as special colour coded bins that encourage recycling. To Inspire students within the college to personally recycle more, my campaign 'GreenerStudents' will ask students to take photo's of them recycling the rubbish that they want to throw away. the photos can be posted by students onto the Colleges Website 'eStudio' which is used by all students in the college on a daily basis. In return for the photos students can be chosen at random to win a prize that can be used in the college, such as Printing Credit or a Voucher to use at the college resource shop, both are extremely popular amongst students of LCA. The more a student posts photos of recycling then the more chance they have of winning!. 

I hope to use this campaign to raise awareness amongst students of LCA and then the level of personal recycling to rise.


To make this campaign successful I will begin by designing the promotion that is needed to get students to be aware of 'GreenerStudents' and spread them around the college.

After I have raised awareness of the campaign I will then move onto contacting my course leader about using the college website to work with the campaign for students to upload their images.

I then also plan to work with the college on my idea for recycling to arrange the prizes that can be awarded to the students that win with their recycling images. Getting the printing studio, library and college shop involved with the campaign will definitely be essential for this to be an effective way to raise awareness for recycling.

I am really excited to start on my designs and receive some feedback to find out whether my campaign will be successful or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment