Sunday 10 April 2016

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 02 - License To Print Money - Ideas


For my Bank Note design and keeping the future of currency in mind I want to think of an idea that deals with currency converting. Since there are now so many ways to pay electronically, there is less need for people to use actual physical cash when paying for something.
As a designer I really appreciate not just the purpose of using physical cash or bank notes, I appreciate the designs, imagery and colour that is used to design each bank note from different countries around the world. However I feel that to keep bank notes up to date with more modern and electronic ways of paying, the idea of paying with cash should be simplified.
My idea is to create a set of global currency that can be used all over the world. The imagery can be changed on the currency depending if the country would like to portray an image that represents that country in some way. However the idea is that I will design one bank note that can be used all over the world meaning there will be not need to convert currency before traveling to another country, and it will also stop the confusion of how to spend unfamiliar bank note designs in new countries.

For my design I want to explore the line pattern designs. I feel that line patterns are the best way to start with design, Since they are simple and can be easily altered in position, colour and size. 

For the imagery that will be used in the the design. I plan to experiment with images of the globe, possibly turning images of the globe into brushes to use in a repetition style on the template. I feel that this method will make it easier when it comes to preparing my design to hand print.

No comments:

Post a Comment