Thursday 28 April 2016

OUGD505 - SB02 - LGBT rights capaign research


During my research I also wanted to take a look into issues that are not so offensive and issues that are also closer to home. Regarding homophobic abuse towards same sex marriage and same sex couples. Recently there was a post made by the guardian about people being attacked for negative behaviour towards same sex relationships. 

This post is very interesting because it touches a lot on the issues of today, such as sexual identity and the touchy feely subject of being discriminated for negative comments made against LGBT people. What this post talks about is that opinion of a conservative in England that feels that too many people seem to tread on eggshells when it comes to these issues, and that all can be done is treat people and current situations with the respect they deserve and nothing really more. 

Below is a link towards the Guardian post

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/26/conservatives-love-to-hate-political-correctness-but-the-left-should-rail-against-it-too

I may decide to use the subject of this post in my own small campaign designs, The idea of being silenced or the idea that more should be sad about a situation than is needed. Or possibly situation where more care about what is said should be taken into account.

I really think I could find some sort of object that represents this certain subject in my photography work. Then I can combine this the idea I have of using colour to spread positivity on difficult subjects and situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment