Sunday 10 April 2016

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 02 - License To Print Money - Research - Foreign Bank Note Designs


Before I start creating my own bank note designs I want to carry out some research into foreign bank note designs and get familiar with the colours and images that are used to represent each country that the currency belongs to. 

I found a website that showed a big collection of bank notes from different countries. Comparing these images to the bank note on England is very interesting. A lot of the bank note designs are very beautiful and colourful. 

The first is Australia, I like the designs of these bank notes, they seem similar to English bank notes as they display similar images and style. I really like the purple/pink/orange design, I love how pretty it looks and the way it has been designed and laid out.



The next is Aruba, these designs are much more simplistic, displaying images that are relevant to the country. The colours are a lot more simplistic, it's nice to see something that has a lot more space and not so illustrated with design. I like the images of sea life, I think they are pretty cool.



The next is French Polynesia. These designs are my favourite so far, the images and earthy colours are very beautiful and perfectly illustrated. I think the multiple image use on the notes say a lot about the country they represent, which to me is very iconic.



The next design design is the Honk Kong bank note, I think this design is very interesting and warm. The geometric designs are quite attractive. There seems to be a lot going on with the image and design but the use of colour means that these designs become a little more iconic rather than a busy canvas.



The next design is from Maldives, this bank note is probably my favourite out of all the designs I have seen so far. It's so colourful and bright and I really love the design on the the front and the back. The detailed illustrated designs are very beautiful. I love how the design frames the images, probably taken in the country of the notes. I think this is very expressive and again quite iconic.



There are many other designs out there, however these above are my favourite so far, and have given me  lot f inspiration for my own designs. The use of colour and imagery is very interesting to me. I like how each country has projected their image onto the bank notes, it is a brilliant idea to mark where ever the design came from.

The website below presents many other Bank Note designs from countries across the world.

http://design.tutsplus.com/articles/the-art-of-currency-unique-notes-from-around-the-world--psd-11311




No comments:

Post a Comment