Wednesday 27 January 2016

OUGD503 - YCN brief - WRAP Recycling campaign - Brief


Looking through the advertised briefs on the YCN website I came across a company called WRAP who are looking for designers to create a campaign which will inspire and motivate university students to recycle.

WRAP gives extensive information and reason into why the creation of the campaign would be beneficial. The brief explains that university students make up a large part of the population within the UK, yet the idea of recycling and the reason for it is not effectively part of many student lifestyles. 
The idea is to create a campaign which will become the solution to that and will inspire students to engage and become more familiar with recycling.




The campaign is very interesting to myself since I am a student and admit that recycling is rarely the first thing in my own mind. I feel that exploring and creating a campaign for this brief will help me to understand more about the benefits for recycling and at the same time this gives me a chance to influence people at my university about the benefits of recycling. I will also use this opportunity to promote my own style of work and design.

When reading through the brief, there were a few points in which WRAP would like me to start with first. 

Firstly I will carry out some audience research, for this I plan to use a survey and spread it across my social media.

Then I will think of a concept for recycling inspiration.

I will then work on a campaign name and think of some imagery that will effectively communicate and image for my the campaign. 

Hopefully by then I will have an overall message that I want to communicate through my work.

I will try to provide explanations and justifications into why I have created chosen imagery and chosen message.

After designing and creating I will work on a communications plan, so I will be able to find effective ways to roll out the campaign across my uni.

I want to take into account a combination of media platforms and ways of communication such as social media, PR, Print and the web. 

i then hope to receive feedback on my campaign


No comments:

Post a Comment