Thursday 7 January 2016

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 04 - Development


For the design of the campaign website, after carrying out research on Lana Del Rey and various artists, including their own websites and album release campaigns. It gave me ideas for the style I wanted to create for Lana's album release campaign.

Since I have already listened to the whole album I understand the meaning of the songs and the style that is has been created in, The whole album is based on life events and the style of the music and lana's voice is very light yet deep, as well as creating a feeling of very passive behaviour.
Combining this to that artists style and image I begin to build ideas of the design I want to create for the website.

As I went along I wrote down random key words 

Light
Air
Passive
Sharp
Colour
Black
White 
Sleep
Clarity
New
Real
Clear
Smoke
Confusion
Darkness

These key words are useful because it will help me to build an image based on the artists.

I definitely want to focus on the idea of light and darkness for this design as well as the idea of this being something as a source of newness and clarity since that is what the album seems to be about for the artist.

I made a couple of sketches, The style that I want to base the website on.






The idea I want to apply is for the website to have a new and modern take on design. The website will be broken into pieces and each section could be dedicated to different pieces of information that the artist will want fans to know about the new album release, such as purchases, tour dates, merchandise and social media including conversations. All things that I collected from my research into campaign websites.

Since I will need to apply images to this idea of a website page being 'broken' up into sections, I intend on working with the style and image that is expressed through the album songs. So wide open spaces, nature, abstract images, possibly images that make the viewer confused yet interested and baffled.

I also base this idea on music videos that Lana has created for some of her songs.

Lana Del Rey - High by the Beach


This is a perfect song to base my idea from, the idea links too all my key words and ideas for image creation. The song also happens to be the leading single within the new album release, so I will also concentrate some of the publicity to this certain song as well as the entire album.

The style of music and style of videos including the image of Lana Del Rey herself for this era of her new album 'HoneyMoon' all connects to the keywords I collected above which I will help to use to build the website image and campaign.










I will now begin to digitally create my ideas to get a cleaner idea of what the campaign website will look like.




No comments:

Post a Comment