Wednesday 6 January 2016

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 04 - Research - Lana Del Rey


For this I will first be creating wireframes for my camping website, desktop and mobile version.

However I will start by carrying out more research into my favourite artist Lana Del Rey and since this is a campaign website project I will research into other various and similar artists to build up ideas for my designs.

Firstly I went to take a look at Lana Del Rey's current website 











Her current website is very effective and up to date with the latest website styles. it is clean strait forward and simple. Everything seems to be accessible from the very start of her career up until present.

Since I am a fan of Lana and her work I know that her work and overall image is somewhat passive and faint. She is an individual meaning there really is no similar artist to her which is what makes her unique. Lana sings mostly about her life and experiences which have always made it easy for me to connect to her music. 

Her overall image has always seemed to be a dark beauty, and it is expressed through her music, modelling career and artwork.

Already I have ideas for the campaign work I will be creating.


A similar artist is 
Troye Sivan





His official website below







Troy's website is very similar to Lana's, very clean and simple with a scrolling style to the website meaning everything is instantly accessible. The colour use, image and shape use on the website is themed the same style of his work which is very effective.

All of the artists work seems to be on display which instantly promotes every aspect of his musical and social career which again was ver similar to lana's.

Troy uses his website as a platform for social media and music release. Since the singer has only just released his first album the website seems to mainly promote that. The website displays the option to buy the album including offers. Music videos of newly released songs on the album are on the screen instantly ready to watch. Also the website is used for merchandise from the artist. The websites current purpose seems to be promoting the release of his first studio album by using theses tools.


Katy Perry







I love the design of katy's website, it's very clean and light and just like the previous websites, has the same easy to access scroll down style. The album is a window to her social media, world tour dates, videos and latest album release. it is perfect for promotion purposes and gives a way for fans to connect with her.


Selena Gomez







This website is quite different to the previous, the web page is much more crowded and there is a lot more information being advertised. The website does the same as the previous and uses the site as a window for social media and seller's latest album release (which is amazing..) however instead of a simplistic website design the webpage seems more like a blog, making it more impactful and interactive than the previous as there is more on the web page that viewers can see and use to connect with the artist more. 

I wouldn't say this is my favourite website design but it is definitely the most effective in tarring information to fans.


These websites are very successful in what they are trying to achieve and are very effective. not only do the websites serve multiple purposes but they express the individuality of the artist through colour, image and text.

These websites already give me ideas for what I want to do with my own campaign website. The modern style of website with clear windows really gives me inspiration as to how I will not only promote Lana's latest album but express personality through the website also.

No comments:

Post a Comment