Tuesday 4 October 2016

New! OUGD504 - Studio Brief 01 - Type in Context - Urban Book Cover Design Research


If I decide to choose the idea of creating a scrap book style book then I want to carry out some research into designers that have created a similar piece of work. I want to get a better idea of what stock or material would be best to use to create an urban style scrapbook full of images.

I first want to explore the positives of creating a scrapbook design and why a scrapbook style of design would work well with this project. 
I have come across a popular website called 'A beautiful Mess' which was created by two sisters that dedicate their time to sharing their artistic lives with the world. I came across one of the posts which talk about why creating a scrapbook is a useful way to store work and memories. A scrapbook makes for a more personal way to store information and images, because it's more of a personal design it allows for a more informal design both inside and out, which can be quite interesting when working with the positioning of images.

http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2014/10/10-reasons-to-give-scrapbooking-a-chance.html

I like this because if I chose to use this method of design, every page within the book would be different, it would also cut down the time it takes to bind the book, as a scrapbook would use quite a simplistic method of binding, the type of stock that I would use on the cover of the book and inside pages would also be more cost effective.













No comments:

Post a Comment