Monday 17 October 2016

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 01 - Modern Photography book designs


My other idea for this project is to create a more modern photography book design. A book where whole double spread pages are dedicated to one whole image and no text. Each page in the book could be different containing both image and text in a very minimalist and perfect form.

I have spent a bit of time researching some magazines and books which are very relevant to my own possible modern book design. 
I loved the design within the pages of these books.






I love the designs of both of the book covers, the modernists designs really work with the ideas I have in my mind for my own designs. I favourite is definitely the left design, the whole use of the image which fills the entire cover, then any text such as the title and bar code is placed over the top in the correct places to make use off the full image. 

I usually use minimal colour when it comes to more simplistic designs of work. where as the design in the left gives me a lot of confidence that I can create something very modern whilst using full colour images.






This book cover design I definitely love, mostly because the cover has been made using card, yet the over all image of the book is really effective. the simple use of black for the cover image it probably my favourite part, I will definitely think about taking this design forward with my own.





Overall, the designs above is the style that I definitely will take forward if I choose to design a much more modern style photography book, the reason being is that the layouts above present a lot of order. 













































































































§§§§§§§§§§§
























No comments:

Post a Comment