Sunday 2 October 2016

New! OUGD504 - Studio Brief 01 - "Type in context"


For this project I will be creating my own Art and Photography book displaying the uses of typography used in the environment around me. 

Over the summer I had been given the task to go into any area and collect pictures which represented how that specific area uses typography, i decided to go with the typography that surrounded my student home here in leeds as well as some shots from the centre itself, since there was a lot of designs there to explore. 

After all of the photos I had taken to a better quality, I looked through the photos to decide what the theme of my project will be, since I had collected different kinds of photo's, some of shop signs, buildings and monuments around leeds city centre. My instant idea for this project was to capture all the amazing and pretty ways that typography can be used in the city of leeds; if i were to go ahead with this idea then it would enable me to all the photos I have collected and not have to stick to a single theme. 
As I have already carried out this project of creating the internal and external design for my own book, I really want to create something much better than what I worked on the last time I started this project. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment