Friday 21 October 2016

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 01 - Book Design Evaluation


After researching into the world of scrapbooking and at the same time researching the modern style of photography books and similar designs I have decided that I will be taking a more modern approach to my own book design.

----------


The book will feature images of London from various different areas. the subject of the book will be aimed at tourists. Possibly to act as a small handbook filled with images that tourists will find during their stay in London. I feel that the slimline book will feature popular photos from around familiar areas close to the London city centre.
For people who are just looking for a small amount of essence of London then I think the insides pages of this book would be quite interesting to this people.


For then design of the, because there are not very any pages inside the book, I feel it will be seen as more of a handbook, something slimline that is easy to carry around in a bag. instead of something much bigger that would probably contain a lot more information rather than more images.

Below are some examples of how I imagine my design to look







However because I will be aiming for a more simplistic design the images above are good for an example of what they style of the book will be like but not the finished design. Looking back on earlier research I feel that sticking to pure white colour is best to achieve a minimalist design.

From this it would make it easy to build from when designing the engraved title. 





The cover of my book design was originally supposed to be gloss but because of lack of time I was unable to get the cover design printed onto gloss stock, So instead I had to opt for gloss paper which is not a reflective as gloss card and definitely not as defensive however it was the closest option I had.


The cover design In kept simplistic and similar to the designs above, which I feel is most effective to achieve a modern style. The image is of the London Eye, a very famous London landmark which I thought would make a nice touch to the cover. Overall the design of the book is quite thin because of the amount of pages, which does make the book seem less heavy but the positives are that It will pass as a handbook design.



No comments:

Post a Comment