Tuesday 14 March 2017

OUGD503 - TKAMB - Design decision


I want to base the redesign of TKAMB (to kill a mockingbird) On simplicity.

My first draft of the design was too simplistic and I felt it needed something more to make the cover design a little more appealing and appropriate to the story. 

As I was focusing on the symbols of the tree and the mockingbird (the mockingbird which I already had), I thought on how else I might apply a more nature/tree vibe to the design. 

I knew that there was a lot of empty space on the cover design so I began thinking about texture layers, which if applied can make a nice base to build a design from. 

From this I googled different tree textures, mostly bark and similar textures as they are the most interesting to look at. 





I favoured more towards the lighter and white shades of bark because I felt that using a lighter shade would make it easier to view the layers of design over the top of the texture base layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment