Wednesday 7 October 2015

OUGD504 - Study Task 02 - Establish logo design requirements

For this study task I will be visiting the website 'Kickstarter' and work on a project of my choice, a project that suits me best, something I will be able to work 

Kickstarter is a funding website for different projects.








After looking through different projects I found one that really interested me.

'People I've Loved'

"People I’ve Loved is a small print shop based in Oakland, California, working together to make art objects that inspire human interaction and hope for our shared future. We specialize in home goods, prints and greeting cards with a focus on positivity, productivity, and communication."

I love this project and how the owners base their busisness on positivity and communication. It's a business that designs, makes and promotes feel good products. I do like the printing side of this because printing is something I as graphic designer am interested in and will explore more.





After doing a little research on the company I found that they are looking to expand due to the success of their designs and products. The business has expanded a lot in the past two years and now need more space.

Taking a look at some of the designs they have made, are both illustrative and funny, definitely creating a positive mood. The designs are minimal in colour and simplistic in that way, so they come across clean and attractive. Most of the designs seem to be hand drawn and then loaded onto whatever stock is used. 
A lot of the work will have a message included with the image, and it is the message which emphasises  communication and positivity. Below is some of their products.


Shit Doesn't Have to Make Sense


Available Card Rewards


Our Wink Wink Pillow Is Also Available


Originals #1, #2, #3


You Don't Have to Bring Flowers


Fade Into Each Other


basicalchemy_poster.jpg



The selection of work above gives me some sight into what the project is about, I want to concentrate on the productive side of what is going on. The funding for product growth meaning the business can spread their designs to more people and then at the same time spread and cause more effect with positive messages, images and drawings and exploring the ways people can communicate.

So taking all of this in, the key requirements for my logo will be simple use of colour, black/white/grey/basic colour. So the essence of their designs can be seen through the logo.

The context is positive and communicative, because of the images and text that is used in the designs.

The work is very illustrative so I might take that into account and either design something more hand sketched or something more bold and simplistic. 

Because of the nature of the project, the audience could be anyone looking to communicate in a way of sending a pre made message or image, through the use of a gift or card.

Communication plays a large part in this project.






https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/80777804/people-ive-loveds-pressing-matters/updates

2 comments:

  1. I have read through the blog. It’s just amazing, thanks for post. We are also same field in India.

    ReplyDelete