Monday 5 October 2015

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 01 - The Design Process - Experimentation


After carrying out research on various folding techniques and styles I feel I now have the inspiration to practice some of my own.

I already have the idea that I want to create a leaflet made from a thick card so i'll start by practicing with that.


This is my first and probably most favourite design, I don't want my leaflet to look like a square, I wanted to experiment and follow the designs that I had researched, so with my first design I made something slim that looked complicated at first but then turned out to be quite simple. When the leaflet is folded it needs to attract people with an effective design, or something that no one has ever seen before. 














When the leaflet is fully open, it will just be a simple square sheet, which will be separated into different sections by folds and lines, this way I can get all the information on the 'design process' inside.














This is my second favourite design, I mad this leaflet using two separate sheets of stock, I then combined both to make one leaflet with extra space to hold more inside. I didn't want this leaflet to look too similar to original, simplistic designs so I created one side to resemble a square shape and the other side to resemble a a triangular shape, this way the leaflet looks more interesting and inviting, also with the extra sheet of stock, there is more space.












This is my final experimentation, probably me least favourite because it's the most obvious design. I played with the diagonal shape look for this leaflet. The most interesting part about this one probably isn't how it looks when closed but the lines and sections it leaves when opened. which would be useful to fill up with text and images.



The leaflet I want to pick is probably the one that gives me the most space and effective design. So i've decided to go with my second experimentation.





I want the leaflet to make an impact, So I would like to design it using black stock and white text, and any images created with a light pastel colour.


So I will take a look at various leaflet designs that use black stock.












I like this design because of the pure black stock and the white text, I think it's very effective and eye-catching. Even though I'm not keen on the font used at the front, the stretched 'J' is something I would probably do if I wanted to change the way the whole image of the front of my leaflet. 
The overall design is simple and eye pleasing.







Looking at this design it's hard to understand how it was made, but it looks beautiful because of the diamond shaped folding and the black and autumnal colours. When closed it folds as a perfect small compact square, which makes it easy to distribute.








I like the effect of this cover, by keeping the main image the same colour as it's background but altering the images surface to make it stand out and reflect light really draws my attention to what the cover of this brochure is about. I also think the single gold colour works really well with the black as it is kept minimal.









I like this leaflet because of it's shape, it's telling me that the information inside will have something to do with a building because of it's shape and the image. I also like how the red it lightly mixed in with the black and white.
















http://www.innerhtml.com/creative-brochure-design-–-geometric-shapes-and-more.html

No comments:

Post a Comment